Dr. Jon Crawford and Dr. Lance Crawford are specialist members of the American Association of Endodontists. Our expert team includes an experienced endodontic staff. We provide the highest standard of professional care in a friendly, comfortable environment. We hope that the information provided here answers many of your questions about endodontic treatment. Our services include root canal therapy, apicoectomy, endodontic retreatment, and diagnosis and treatment of cracked teeth and traumatic injuries. Please feel free to contact our Ames office at 515.232.2090 and we will be happy to schedule an appointment for consultation or treatment.
You may have been referred to our office for endodontic (root canal) therapy, or you may have been referred for a consultation concerning a complex clinical situation or medical complication, or an evaluation of prior therapy. You may just be visiting this website to learn more about the specialty of endodontics or our office and its doctors and staff. You may have been to our office before. For whatever reason, we want to make your website visit as pleasant and informative as possible, just as we wish your personal visit to our office to be as comfortable and caring as possible.
Use our many links to download and print registration forms, review our office policies, educate yourself about several different endodontic procedures available, or meet the doctors and staff. Feel free to contact us at any time.
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our communities have been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control is a top priority and our processes are made so when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
Due to COVID-19, the above agencies have made some new recommendations in regard to infection control. As always, we will follow these recommended policies and procedures at the highest level for as long as deemed necessary by the overseeing agencies. On top of the ongoing infection control procedures we have always followed, you may notice some changes in your dental visit the next time you are at our office. These changes are not to instill fear that the dental office is not a safe place to be, but to keep our patients and team healthy. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office. We will also take your temperature upon arrival. If your fever is above 100 you will not be seen that day.
- We will ask that you come in to fill out paperwork upon arrival. We may recommend that you wait in your car in the parking lot until we let you know the treating staff and room is ready for your appointment. This is to ensure the proper social distancing of patient’s within the office. We ask that if a patient over the age of 18 is accompanied by an escort, that they will wait in the car for you to limit the number of people in the office waiting room
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office in reception.
- You may see that our waiting rooms and treatment rooms will no longer offer magazines since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- Prior to treatment we will have patients rinse with 1% hydrogen peroxide.
- You will notice increased PPE worn by the treating staff members.
We look forward to seeing you and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice.
Thank you for being our patient, especially during this difficult time. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you to Crawford Endodontics.